Bradley to the A's

Various sources are reporting that the Oakland A's have sent Andre Ethier to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for Milton Bradley and Antonio Perez.

I'm very surprised this is the best Dodgers' GM Ned Colletti could get in exchange for Bradley. As of now, the projected outfield for the 2006 Dodgers is Jayson Werth, J.D. Drew, and Jose Cruz Jr. Werth and Drew have been much too familiar with the DL during their respective careers, and should either of them catch the injury bug yet again, Jason Repko and Ricky Ledee would inherit their playing time. In 2005, Repko put up a 76 OPS+. As for Ledee, he proved to be effective (107 OPS+), but he has trouble hitting lefties and shouldn't be considered an everyday option.

From Oakland's perspective, this is an excellent deal. Bradley is young, cheap, and above average both offensively and defensively. With an abundance of productive outfielders, it'll be interesting to see what Billy Beane does during the remainder of the offseason.

As for the Jays, they're running out of options. With this trade and their decision to stop pursuing Nomar Garciaparra, an outfield of Catalanotto/Johnson, Wells, and Rios seems a lot more likely than it did but a week ago.