Glaus to Become a Jay

Various sources are reporting that the Toronto Blue Jays and the Arizona Diamondbacks have reached a tentative agreement on a trade involving Troy Glaus. The Blue Jays would send Orlando Hudson and Miguel Batista in return for Glaus and perhaps a minor leaguer.

Although trading Hudson solves the middle-infield dilemma the Blue Jays had, it further complicates their DH/corner-infield dilemma. In short, the Blue Jays have five players (Glaus, Lyle Overbay, Shea Hillenbrand, Corey Koskie, and Eric Hinske) for three positions (1B, 3B, and DH). More analysis to come soon.

Here are a couple links to the story: Ken Rosenthal; ESPN