Jays Avoid Arbitration With Reed Johnson

If the rumors about shoring up Toronto's outfield with either Milton Bradley, Brad Wilkerson or even Nomar Garciaparra are true, Reed Johnson will most definitely be the fourth or fifth outfielder. The good news is that not only is he more suited to that role, but that he makes a pretty good one since he is capable of starting on occasion. Johnson has been an above average defensive outfielder in left and center field for his career, and this year posted his first quality defensive season in right field. A useful player on the roster to be sure, although I would prefer he does not start. Here is the link to the story: Jays, Johnson Agree to Deal