Game Recap: First Day of Spring Training (!)

The first day of spring training finally arrived. With ace Roy Halladay on the mound, the Jays took on Casey Fossum and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

TAM (1 - 0)     4     1     0     1     0     0     3     0     0           9
TOR (0 - 1)     0     0     0     0     0     0     5     0     X           5

W: C. Fossum (1-0)
L: R. Halladay (0-1)

Full Boxscore

Okay, it's only spring training, so I'm not going to take the results too seriously. With that said, Roy Halladay definitely struggled in his first game since his leg injury. Also, in his first appearance with his new team, B.J. Ryan was wild, giving up one hit and one walk while throwing a wild pitch.

On the positive side, it seems as though Guillermo Quiroz will be given ample opportunity to make the team. He got off to a great start, hitting a double and scoring a run in two at-bats.

Today, Toronto continues its spring training action against Tampa Bay. The game will be televised on Rogers Sportsnet at 1pm EST, so check it out if you can.