Game Recap: Toronto vs NY Yankees - March 6th, 2006

W: Mendoza (1-0)
L: Purcey (0-1)

Full Boxscore

This afternoon's contest between the Jays and the Yankees proved to be a slugfest as Dustin McGowan and Chien-Ming Wang respectively made their spring training debut. Dustin McGowan got roughed up over his 1+ inning of work, his performance was not worth mentioning as he was hit hard and wild.

Offensively, Toronto absolutely mashed the ball today. Toronto's 8 run, 13 hit effort was led by Troy Glaus, who reorded 2 hits, a home run, and 4 RBIs against the Yankee's pitching today. Blue Jays fan favourite Eric Hinske also had a good day at the plate as he went 2 for 3 with a homerun.

Tomorrow, the Jays will square off against the Cincinnati Reds as they search for that first win in this spring's Grapefruit League action.