Goodbye Warren

According to Milkman.com...

FAN 590 Announces Blue Jays Broadcast Team For 2007

The flagship station of the Toronto Blue Jays, THE FAN 590 and THE FAN Radio Network are pleased to announce that former Blue Jays catcher Alan Ashby will be joining the broadcast team for the 2007 season. Ashby will join long time play-by-play man Jerry Howarth as the colour commentator for all 162 Blue Jays broadcasts this season.

Ashby was originally drafted by the Cleveland Indians and was traded to the Blue Jays prior to the 1977 season. He played 124 games with the Jays during their inaugural season in Toronto and 81 games during the '78 season before being dealt to the Houston Astros in November where he stayed for the remainder of his playing career. He is one of only 11 catchers in major-league history to catch three no-hitters.

Ashby brings his smooth and knowledgeable approach to the booth after eight seasons as part of the Astros broadcast team including Houston's only World Series appearance in 2005. "We're excited to have Alan's experience as a major league player and broadcaster as part of our team for the next three years" said THE FAN 590 Vice President and General Manager Nelson Millman.

The Blue Jays season on THE FAN begins Thursday March 1st with their first spring training game against the Boston Red Sox live from Dunedin, Florida. Blue Jays baseball is heard on 27 stations from coast-to-coast on THE FAN Radio Network.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I'D RATHER HAVE ALAN ALDA BROADCASTING THE GAMES THAN WARREN SAWKIW!  No more stories about riding the buses in AAA ball.  No more giddy Warren giggles.  Alan Ashby, you could sound like Fran Drescher... and I'd be happy to have you aboard!

Big Ear
www.bigearcreations.blogspot.com