Random Stat

While typing the entry for the 19th All-Time Greatest Blue Jay (according to us), I came across some numbers that made me look twice.

ERA+ Leaders (for qualified pitchers through April 23, 2007, and courtesy of Baseball-Reference.com):

Rich Hill and Tim Hudson are pitching in a completely different stratosphere at the moment. But, more than anything, these ridiculously high numbers (remember, 100 is league average) show that it's early in the season. Players will regress to the mean, and this list will look very similar to past ones. Still, coupled with his second half last season, Hill looks like the real deal. Even with Mark Prior and Kerry Wood MIA, they have two formidable pitchers at the top of their rotation in Hill and Carlos Zambrano.