8/21 Minor League Summary

Jays Organization Player of the Day:
Adrian Martin

Martin is a pitcher currently in Dunedin. He was drafted out of high school in the 19th round in 2003.

Martin has progressed a level higher each year and has yet again proven that he can be dominant at High-A and looks deserving of a shot at AA next year. Martin featured mainly as a reliever with great control with his superb K/BB rate at all levels. He was just moved out of the bull pen to mediocre success until tonight. Will he stay as a starter? I don't know but you definitely should take a flyer on him. He may be up in AA and you may see him as a reliever. Being just 22 with 4 years of minor league experience he still has a lot of time and has done well so far.

Pawtucket 9, Syracuse 7
JotG: John-Ford Griffin was 3 for 4 with 4 RBI.

New Britain 2, New Hampshire 0
JotG: Iriki gave up 1ER 7 innings with 6 Ks.

Dunedin 9, Fort Myers 3
JotG: Adrian Martin pitched 7 shut out innings with 2 hits given up with 8 innings.

Lansing 3, Southbend 2 (Game 1 - 8 innings)
JotG: Graham Godfrey gave up 2 ER in 6 2/4 with 4 Ks.

Lansing 5, Southbend 6 (Game 2 - 7 innings)
JotG: Brian Pettway had a home run and 2 RBI.

Mahoning Valley 7, Auburn 2
JotG: None. Chi-Hung Cheng was moved up to Auburn going 4 innings giving up 2 runs with 4 Ks.

GCL Jays 6, GCL Phillies 4
JotG: Yohermyn Chavez went 4 for 5 with 2 doubles and a triple while driving in 2 runs. He has .290 on the year so far.