8/22 Game Summary

Doing game summaries generally suck. First off it means that we missed the game entirely and need to hype up a game that it's over (it's hard). Secondly, when we lose there really isn't as much to be excited when we win.

Final Score: Oakland 4, Toronto 1

The Good:
AJ Burnett continues to pitch well for us. He pitched 7 innings and gave up 1 ER (charged with 4 runs but will get back to it) as well as striking out 9. He lowered his ERA to 3.85 but like his career has been (.500) he is only 7-7.

The Bad:
Our defense let us down in this game. All four of Oakland's run came in the 7th inning. A fielding error by Matt Stairs allowed Davanon to get on base. Followed by a Jack Cust home run with 1 out. Aaron Hill also made a fielding error to allow the 4th run to cross the plate.

The Ugly:
Esteban Loaiza made a return to the rotation with a stellar outing by allowing 3 hits in 7 2/3 IP. Last I checked, this was a home game...our bats get infested with termites?