8/23 Minor League Summary

Jays Organization Player of the Day:
Adam Lind

Lind had a breakout season last year vaulting to the top of prospect lists and shot up through the system to get a major league shot. He struggled earlier this season with the Blue Jay and while some people are concerned about his struggles his .289/.331/.470 in AAA is nothing to worry about. He does have plate discipline issues he is dealing with but from what I've seen... I believe this is just a slight slump and he will still be a great starter if not fringe all-star for the Blue Jays.

Syracuse 7, Ottawa 3 (Game 1 - 7 innings)
JotG: John Hattig went 2 for 3 with a double, home run and 3 RBI. Michael MacDonald pitched a complete game.

Syracuse 7, Ottawa 1
JotG: Adam Lind was 3 for 3 with a double, triple, home run with 4 RBI. Just a single away from the cycle. Gronkiewicz pitched shutout innings with 4 Ks.

New Hampshire 7, Portland 1
JotG: David Smith went 3 for 5 with a home run and 2 RBI.

Clearwater 12, Dunedin 7 (Game 1 - 7 innings)
JotG: Eric Nielsen was 3 for 4 with a double, home run and 3 RBI.

Clearwater 3, Dunedin 2 (Game 2 - 7 innings)
JotG: None

Lansing 8, South Bend 1 (6 innings)
JotG: Matt Lane was 2 for 4 with 2 doubles and 4 RBI.

Auburn 4, Williamsport 2
JotG: Marc Rzepczynski gave up 2 ER in 7 1/3 IP but struck out 12 batters. "Zep" has become a K machine since being put in the rotation.

GCL Blue Jays 9, GCL Indians 5
JotG: Yohermyn Chavez went 3 for 4.