8/24 Minor League Summary

Jays Organization Player of the Day:
Brett Cecil

Brett Cecil is currently dominating Short-season A-ball while he was just drafted this year. Being drafted in the supplemental round I expect him to be pushed hard a bit and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Dunedin this season following the path of Brandon Magee. He is definitely one of our top prospects now. The Jays were being cautious with him by giving him 2 innings start and yesterday was the first of 4 innings starts that I can remember in awhile. He is also a lefty so hopefully he doesn't take the path of Romero and Purcey...

Syracuse 5, Ottawa 3 (Game 1 - 7 innings)
JotG: Adam Lind was 3 for 3 with a home run. Honorable mention to Corrente for the game winning two-run home run.

Ottawa 6, Syracuse 4 (Game 2 - 7 innings)
JotG: Ryan Roberts was 4 for 4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI. Chiefs had only 7 hits on the night all by the top 3 hitters (Luna with 2, Lind with one)

Portland 12, New Hampshire 6
Romero struggled again giving up 8 runs (5 earned) in 2 2/3 IP. At this rate it looks like he'll be repeating AA. JotG: Juan Peralta was 3 for 4 with a home run and 2 RBI.

Dunedin 6, Clearwater 5
AJ Wideman was decent giving up 2ER in 6 innings while striking out 4. JotG: I'll give it to Brian Jeroloman who was 3 for 4 on the night.

Lansing 4, Great Lakes 1
JotG: Julio Pinto pitched 6 innings with just 1 run (unearned) given up and had 5 strikeouts.

Auburn 4, Williamsport 1 (Game 1 - 7 innings)
JotG: Brett Cecil pitched 4 shutout innings with 5Ks. Maybe he's deserving of a promotion for the Lansing playoffs.

Williamsport 7, Auburn 4 (Game 2 - 7 innings)
This game was blown in the top of the 9th were Williamsport scored 5 to break the game open.

GCL Jays 5, GCL Indians 3
JotG: Jimmy Dougher continues his dominance on the GCL with just a run (unearned) given up in 4 innings with 5Ks. Ahrens bumped his average up to .228 with a 3 for 4 night.