8/28 Minor League Summary

Jays Organization Player of the Day:
David Corrente is currently in AAA while Fasano and Diaz recover from injuries. Corrente is Canadian and was drafted back in 2001 in the 14th round. He is a minor league backup catcher and was playing mainly in Dunedin this season.

Syracuse 8, Buffalo 4
JotG: David Corrente was 3 for 4 with a double, home run and 2 RBI.

Connecticut 3, New Hampshire 1 (Game 1 - 7 innings)
JotG: Rob Cosby was 2 for 3 with a home run.

Connecticut 2, New Hampshire 1 (Game 2 - 9 innings)
All the runs came in the 9th inning. JotG: Jo Matumoto pitched 6 shutout innings with 5Ks and only 2Ks given up.

Lansing 10, Dayton 5
JotG: Travis Snider was 3 for 5 with a double, home run and 2 RBI.

Auburn 3, Mahoning Valley 2
JotG: Marc "The Zep" Rzepczynski pitched 5 2/3 IP giving up 1ER and striking out 4.

Minor league team playoff situation:
New Hampshire 1 game behind Portland for playoffs.
Dunedin is 2 games up on Clearwater.
Lansing has clinched a playoff spot.
Auburn is 5 games up on Mahoning Valley.
GCL Blue Jay season is over.

Blue Jay Prospects playing in Arizona Fall League:
Travis Snider
Sergio Santos
David Purcey
Ricky Romero