FanPost

Concealing of Wells' Injury

I am a bit annoyed by the recent news that Vernon Wells has concealed a shoulder injury throughout this year.

Wells has been pretty bad from his career norm and his injury does make sense when putting into context.

What doesn't make sense is why now?

We were perturbed when BJ Ryan debacle went down and he was out for the year. Shouldn't we have the right to know he's injured so we don't bash a fan favorite?

If Wells was injured why was he not pushed lower down the batting order instead of being the 3-spot where he is expected contribute?

Lots of questions are not going answered and this is upsetting because if Wells was indeed injured then this team is managed horribly both on the manergerial side and with GM duties.

It does look like an excuse to say why he is playing poorly as this could have been stated much earlier. The Jays are shooting themselves in the foot by not revealing some information.