9/1 Minor League Summary; D-days Clinch 6th Straight Division Title

Jays Organization Player of the Day:
Ben Zeskind
Zeskind was the leadoff hitter throughout the entire season for the DDays and arguably you could say their MVP. Hitting .303 is impressive at the leadoff spot. He probably doesn't feature as a prospect being 24 and repeating Auburn. He doesn't have huge power numbers being a LF. Prospect or not he has led the DDays to an impressive 6th straight title.

Syracuse 5, Ottawa 1
JotG: Josh Banks. Banks pitched 7 2/3 with just one run given up on 6 hits while striking out 5. Banks is believed to be up for a promotion (finally) as MLB rosters expand. Kevin Barker gets honorable mention as he was 2 for 4 with a home run and 2 RBI.

Trenton 3, New Hampshire 1
This was an important game for the Fisher Cats as they sit a half game behind Portland for a playoff spot. JotG: Ty Tuabenheim pitched 5 1/3 innings giving up just 2 hits and a run.

Fort Myers 1, Dunedin 0
JotG: Adrian Martin was the tough luck loser giving up 1 ER in 7 innings while striking out 5.

Lansing 7, West Michigan 4
Jimmy Dougher pitched to 1 batter in the 1st inning walking him and was pulled due to an arm injury. Good to see that he was noticed by the organization but hopefully his arm injury isn't too bad. JotG: Pettway and Franko. Each had 2 doubles apiece. Pettway had 3 hits while Frank just 2 but had 4 RBI.

Auburn 7, Jamestown 2
As I've said, this game was a division clincher for Auburn. You can read the MiLB article.JotG: Ben Zeskind was 2 for 4 with a home run and 2 RBI.