9/2 Game Thread: Brooms Are Ready, Mariners @ Blue Jays

Sunday, September 2nd - Toronto, Ontario
1:07 PM (EDT)

Seattle Mariners
Ichiro! cf
Jose Vidro dh
Jose Guillen rf
Raul Ibanez lf
Adrian Beltre 3b
Ben Broussard 1b
Kenji Johjima c
Jose Lopez 2b
Yunieski Betancourt ss

Pitching: Jeff Weaver, RHP

Toronto Blue Jays

Vernon Wells cf
Russ Adams 3b
Alexis Rios rf
Frank Thomas dh
Matt Stairs lf
Lyle Overbay 1b
Aaron Hill 2b
Greg Zaun c
John McDonald ss

Pitching: AJ Burnett, RHP

The last month of the season is underway. We currently sit 6.5 games out of it with 27 games to go. There is still some hope but chances are very slim though beating up on some teams is nice.

We probably will have some familiar faces and some new ones on the team as the MLB rosters expand. Some are reporting newly signed Kennedy, Fasano, Luna and even Josh Banks to be called up tomorrow. Unless New Hampshire makes the playoffs, I'd expect De Jong, Howie Clark, Lee Gronkiewicz, and Vermilyea to be called up eventually.

Robinzon Diaz who is ont he 40-man roster would also seem like a possible choice.

As for today's lineup. We have Russ Adams in the 2-hole and it begs the question, is Gibbons trying to get fired? He could easily have a better left handed hitter there with Lyle Overbay who is instead hitting 6th instead of the weak bat that is Russ Adams. The mistake Gibbons made yesterday isn't forgotten where it cost the Jays an out and possible run.