Hall of Fame Ballot

The Hall of Fame Ballot came out today. The new names on it are former Jay Ricky Henderson, Jay Bell, Mark Grace, former Jay Dan Plesac, Matt Williams, another former Jay David Cone, Ron Gant, Jesse Orosco, Greg Vaughn and Mo Vaughn.

Appearing on the ballot again are Harold Baines, Bert Blyleven, Andre Dawson, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Mark McGwire, former Jay Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Tim Raines, Jim Rice, Lee Smith and Alan Trammell.

Unfortunately we don't get a vote, voting is done by members of the BBWAA who have been members for 10 or more years. You know, that same guys that voted for a non-rookie for Rookie of the Year and voted for Mike Mussina as MVP.

Anyway thought I'd ask who would you vote into the Hall of Fame? Put your choices and your reasons in the comments.

Me? Well Rickey Henderson is an obvious choice. Best leadoff man in baseball history. Bit of a scum but then the Hall is filled with lousy human beings.

I'd also vote for Tim Raines, second best leadoff man of his generation, behind only Rickey. I would vote for Jim Rice and Andre Dawson as well. Rice was a great power hitter before the steroid era. His numbers may not look as good as some of the juiced players but he was all natural strong. Dawson too was in at the end of the non-juiced period, good power hitter, great center fielder before his knees gave up, good stolen base numbers and the quickest bat you will ever see.

Beyond those 4, McGwire......I think I'd leave him off one more time, make him be honest with us before putting him in the Hall. Can't really deny that he belongs there and he and Sosa really saved baseball after the lockout year.