Jays Owner Ted Rogers Dies

Ted Rogers, head of Rogers Communications and Owner of the Blue Jays died yesterday of congestive heart failure.

Rogers built a huge communication empire and in 2000 bought the Jays for $112 million US. In 2004 he bought Skydome and renamed it Rogers Centre. Rogers was willing to spend money on the Jays allowing the payroll to climb not that it paid off in playoff appearances, but after Interbrew's cheapness it was nice to have an owner that would spend.

I have no idea how his death will effect the team. He is survived by his wife and four children.

Latest News