FanPost

Time to stop for directions?

Promoted from Fanposts - Hugo

With the unfortunate passing of Ted Rogers has anyone heard if there is a direction for the Jays from the Rogers leadership?  Will they have any additional money to spend or at least spend what they spent last year?

With the economic outlook and the falling CDN $ would it not be the prime time to move into a rebuild mode?  With some smart moves the team could rebuild now and be ready to compete in 2-3 years again with say a $70M payroll rather then $100M plus...

Would it be possible in one offseason to move the likes of Roy Halladay, BJ Ryan, Alex Rios, and Lyle Overbay???

Trade Ideas:

Doc and Overbay to LAD for James Loney, James McDonald, Scott Elbert and that Hu SS prospect guy - Doc pitching in Chavez Ravine and in the NL would make him easily the best pitcher in all of baseball and give him a chance at a much deserved playoff run!

BJ Ryan to the Mets for a couple of mid-level prospects

Alex Rios to Chicago Cubs for Josh Vitters and another prospect

Moving Rios opens an OF spot for Snider, Loney is a huge upgrade over Overbay IMO and having one of Downs, League or Accardo close isn't much of a downgrade (if any) over BJ...Vitters is the answer at 3B in 2010 once Rolen's contract is up...Losing Doc hurts but if McGowan is healthy he gets the chance to be an ace and Marcum will be back next year, James McDonald and/or Scott Elbert could start in 2009 as well and both have huge upside.

I know this is pie in the sky, but nice to dream when the Jays are not in the news at all!