Every Chance to See the Real You, Oughta Feel You Slip Away, Truth Decay: Rumors

In a surprising change of pace there are some real rumors in Jay's land. Most impressively the Jays could 'have interest' in Rafael Furcal, which would be pretty great, as much as I'd prefer we look for a DH. Frucal would give us a real leadoff hitter and a true upgrade at shortstop. In the story it suggests JP would use the money that we planned on spending on AJ which goes against what JP has said before. But then when have we been able to believe a word coming out of that man's mouth?

As noted in the comments of the previous story the Jays are talking to Carl Pavano's agent. I'm hoping we'd just offer him a minor league contract and give him a shot at a job in spring training. That could work, offering anything guaranteed would be a a foolish move. but adding some depth wouldn't be a bad idea.

In yet another story on Mlb.com (isn't it cool that they are talking about the Jays on there again?) JP says he is not talking to the Mets about BJ Ryan. So I'd imagine tomorrow JP will be announcing the deal. JP says he can't move BJ because one of the relievers. like Downs or Tallet, may have to become a starter. Always remember JP is genetically incapable of telling a truth.

Over at Minor League Ball they have posted their top 20 Blue Jay prospects. Their top 10 are pretty close to what we have in the top ten but they do have a few names in the 10 to 20 range that aren't on our 30. They have Eric Thames an outfielder 12th, Luis Perez a lefty pitcher 13th, Markus Brisker 18th and Chad Beck a right handed pitcher 19th.

Thames was a 2008 draft choice, I think I'd like to see him play a bit more pro-ball before putting him on the list. Perez played A ball last year, at age 23 and didn't set the world on fire. Too many walks but a strikeout an inning. Being slightly old for the level he doesn't look as to be as high on the list as they have him, but they might know better. Brisker is 17 and played rookie ball. He could turn into a good one, but is early to put him on the list. Chad Beck made high A ball last year at 23 years of age. Again a bit old for the level but might turn out good.

They don't like Jeroloman as much as we do. All in all I like our list better but time will tell I I guess.

Oh and surprisingly enough Burnett turned down the Jay's offer of arbitration. I know you are all surprised. Though it would have been an interesting arbitration hearing.

The title comes from a Rodney Crowell song on his new Sex and Gasoline CD called Truth Decay which I figured would be a good title for any post talking about JP. It's a really pretty song, check it out.