FanPost

RISP

We all know about the team's poor performance with RISP, to the order of a .234 AVG (although perhaps we didn't notice our opponents' even worse performance, a mere .225). But who's really to blame?

Limiting our view to just the regulars, we get:

Player AVG w/ RISP WPA
Eckstein .340 -0.92
Barajas .282 0.03
Wells .265 -0.42
Wilkerson .265 -0.29
Scutaro .259 -0.90
Hill .255 -1.04
Zaun .225 -0.01
Rios .215 -0.25
Stewart .211 -0.85
Inglett .208 0.50
Stairs .205 -1.03
Thomas .200 0.02
McDonald .200 -0.12
Mench .188 -0.65
Rolen .186 -0.30
Overbay .180 -0.43
Some interesting stuff in there. For example, on Sunday Wells got booed for popping up with the bases loaded and two out, when he's actually been one of the best on the team. Also fun is that Eckstein has 17 RISP hits but only 16 RISP RBIs.