FanPost

McGowan out for at least 4 weeks...

Right rotator cuff tear...with surgery a possibility. I'm finding JP his usually cagey self, refusing to comment on the severity of the problem.

I think we need to assume he will be gone well into August, and worse-case-scenario till the end of the season. That vastly complicates trading AJ.

Best case scenario: Marcum gets better quickly, we trade AJ, Parrish stays up, and give Purcey a chance to shine.

Worst case scenario: We trade AJ, Marcum stays down, and our rotation is Halladay, Litsch....Parrish? Purcey?.....do we even have another major league ready fifth starter? Should we consider stretching Downs? Something I've thought had some upside.

How crazy would it be if we had to trade AJ for  pitching after all of this.