Game Recap for Our Second Win of the Day!

Boy it's nice to win two games in one day. And we scored 11 runs in one day. We have had weeks where we haven't scored 11 runs. Do I think we've turned the corner on offense? No or at least they haven't proven it to me. We've faced some awful pitchers the last few days. We've scored 22 runs over three games but then the starters are terrible and their bullpen is worse.

I'm not going to include the fangraph for this game....it isn't that interesting. We got ahead early and it was never really in doubt. If you want to check it out, here is the link Fangraph.

Best parts? Doc was great yet again. 7 innings and 1 run, 6 k's. Scoot went 3 for 4 and scored twice. Rios 2 for 5, Lind 3 for 4, 2 runs (batting .308 now, would we be fighting it out for last if JP kept him up the first time and Gibby used him everyday) (would Gibby still have a job?). Wilk was 2 for 3!! Wilk? You know it's crappy pitching if Wilk gets hits. Zaun and Overbay drove in two as well.

Inglett and Stairs were each 0 for 4. Stairs is now hitting .114 for the month with 20 strikeouts in 44 at bats. I wish we had someone else that could DH....anyone against trying Mench in the lineup for a couple of weeks?

It was nice to see Quiroz catching for the O's today. He was a 'hot prospect' for the Jays for a long time. Never did pan out, and since he's batting .200 on the season, doubt he ever will. But, if he can stick with them for a season or so he can get his backup catcher union card. Those cards are worth more money than I'll ever see in my life.

Baltimore seems to have to start of a decent team. They could use some pitching and help at first, short and catcher. But they have the makings of a good outfield with Markakis, Jones and Scott. And Roberts isn't a bad guy to build a team around.

Jays of the Game? Second set of the day. Halladay (.267 WPA), Wilk (!) (.101) and Lind (.100) and I'm giving one to Scoot (.093) because he was 3 for 4 and scored two runs. Suckage Jay? Not Stairs for a change, Zaun (-.138).

But it sure is nice to get two wins in one day and we are back at .500, we've got a little space between us and last and if you were the optimistic sort, we are only 8.5 games out of the wild card. Yeah I know it is a long shot but I do expect some of the teams in front of us to fall back.