Prospects Report

I thought with a off day we take a look at the players on our prospects list...we have some good players coming up. But a couple of the players on our top 11 list are no longer prospects and maybe it is time to revise the list. But others we should have high hopes for.

Robinzon Diaz, C

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

SYR

INT

.286

16

56

3

16

2

1

1

7

23

3

5

0

1

.317

.411

.727

BLU

GCL

.563

5

16

5

9

1

0

1

6

13

0

0

0

0

.529

.813

1.342

 He has is playing for the Gulf Coast Blue Jays rehabbing an ankle injury. His defense is good; he's a contact hitter with good speed for a catcher, how long that will last as a catcher is anyone's guess. Not likely to be a star but could be a good starting catcher till Arencibia passes him.

Travis Snider,OF

Team

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

DUN

FSL

.279

17

61

15

17

5

0

4

7

34

5

22

1

0

.333

.557

.891

NHM

EAS

.270

66

248

40

67

11

0

11

45

111

30

84

1

0

.352

.448

.800

Is hitting pretty well in AA ball and has been named to the ‘North Division All-Star team'. Just 20 years old and in his second year of pro-ball, we might get to see him next season. A strong arm and decent range, Rios better find his stroke.

Brett Cecil,LHP

Team

League

ERA

GS

CG

SHO

SV

IP

ER

HR

BB

SO

GO/AO

AVG

DUN

FSL

0

0

1.74

4

4

0

0

0

10.1

6

2

2

1

2

11

5.33

.167

NHM

EAS

3

1

2.91

13

13

0

0

0

52.2

45

19

17

3

18

54

2.09

.230

21 and in AA, throws hard, gets strike outs. It is nice to see a Jay's prospect that can miss bats. If he keeps developing we could see in Toronto in late ‘09 or ‘10

Kevin Ahrens, 3B

Team

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

LAN

MID

.271

71

277

39

75

17

5

1

29

105

25

74

3

0

.337

.379

.716

Ahrens is a 19 year old in A ball, for a player that young he's doing very well.  He's a long ways away from the big leagues.

Johermyn Chavez, LF

Team

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

LAN

MID

.198

68

242

25

48

11

0

5

22

74

18

74

5

1

.265

.306

.571

Another 19 year old in A ball. Young for the league so can ignore the less than thrilling stats.  He's got a ways to go.

Justin Jackson,SS

Team

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

LAN

MID

.226

70

252

45

57

13

3

4

29

88

39

87

11

5

.346

.349

.695

Yes another 19 year old in A ball.  A good fielder has a good eye, some pop that should become more pop as he fills out and good speed. With luck we should have a really good SS in 3 years.

Ricky Romero, LHP

Team

League

ERA

GS

CG

SHO

SV

IP

ER

HR

BB

SO

GO/AO

AVG

NHM

EAS

4

5

5.99

16

16

0

0

0

88.2

113

61

59

8

41

61

1.72

.320

23 Year old in AA and not having an easy time of it. Hitters have a .320 BA against him and over 4 walks/9innings isn't great. I think his future is the bullpen if he wants a major league career. I think he's about ready to be removed from our prospects list,

JP Arencibia, C

Team

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

DUN

FSL

.315

59

248

38

78

22

0

13

62

139

11

46

0

0

.344

.560

.904

NHM

EAS

.313

13

48

4

15

3

0

3

10

27

0

10

0

0

.313

.563

.875

22 year old catcher moved up to AA this year and is still raking....Diaz better watch out...JP will pass him if he's not careful. He is a much better hitting prospect than Diaz. Reputed to have a strong arm. A pull hitter, it would be nice to have a power hitter on the team.

David Purcey, LHP

Team

League

ERA

GS

CG

SHO

SV

IP

ER

HR

BB

SO

GO/AO

AVG

SYR

INT

6

6

2.97

16

16

0

0

0

97.0

78

37

32

8

33

100

1.08

.222

Pitching great in AAA, but he is 26 now and is getting a little old to be a prospect. If he was going to be a start he'd be in the majors by now. Maybe trade bait for someone in need of a starter now.

John Tolisano, 2b

Team

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

LAN

MID

.271

75

269

41

73

14

7

3

30

110

35

55

5

2

.352

.409

.761

Another 19 year old, he is hitting great in A ball. Have to like his numbers across the boards....nice power, decent eye, some speed. Not a big guy 5'11'', 175, he's got some time to develop.

Scott Campbell, 2B

Team

League

AVG

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

TB

BB

SO

SB

CS

OBP

SLG

OPS

NHM

EAS

.341

72

267

46

91

15

2

4

28

122

43

38

2

5

.436

.457

.893

What's not to like....23 year old at AA, .341 average, great eye, some power.  Is kind of too bad that we have so many middle infielders at the major league level, it would be nice to see while Hill is on the DL. From New Zealand, he's playing in the futures game for the ‘World' team.