Looks Just Like the Sun: Jays 8, BoSox 1

Behind great pitching by A.J. Burnett and a good offensive showing against Paul Byrd, the Jays trounced the Sox 8-1 in game 1 of today's doubleheader.  Travis Snider was the big hitter for the Jays, with a big three-run home run to break the game open, and a 2-run, ground-rule double in the very next inning.  Adam Lind and Vernon Wells also had RBI doubles.

Burnett went 6 innings, walking 3 and giving up 3 hits, and 1 run which was not earned (Inglett's 5th error of the season).  He struck out 6 and had his fastball working well.  Cy Carlson pitched an effective 7th and Brian Tallet mopped up effectively to end it.

Snider, Burnett, and Wells were Jays of the Day.

The Jays still have a lot of work to do to get back in this, but they played a great game earlier this afternoon.  We'll see if Pink, Round, and Efficient can keep it going.  Post title from a song by Broken Social Scene.