Halladay Beats Yankees to Win His 20th

Well that was a lot more fun. Doc pitched a super game and we scored for him for a change. We won 8-2 and we knocked Pavano out early. Everyone except Overbay had at least 1 hit. Vernon went 2 for 4 with a homer and 4 RBI. Moonraker was 3 for 4. Zaun was 2 for 3 and Lind was 2 for 5.

But Doc was the story tonight, complete game 6 hitter, 5 strikeouts and 2 earned. We are really lucky to get to watch him pitch every 5th day. I don't think there is a better pitcher in baseball right now. At this moment though he's cleaning shaving cream out of his ears, AJ got him when he was doing a post game interview. Doc got him back and it looked like they were having great fun.

And, though I really shouldn't take too much pleasure in this, but we knocked Pavano out after 3.2 innings, giving up 8 hits, a home run and 5 earned runs with only 1 strikeout. Now that's what we should do against lousy pitchers.

Jays of the Day? Vernon (.360 WPA), Doc (.142) and Moonraker (.104). No Suckage Jays today. And for the final game of the season at Skydome, 44,346 watched Doc get his 20th and gave him and the team a good hand at the end of the game.

In other Jay's news as well as telling us that Cito will be back next year, the Jays also announced that JP will be back next season. I'm really not sure what to think about this at the moment, but I do know that he has his work cut out for him this off season. If AJ leaves that's 200 quality innings that he'll have to make up for, add in Marcum's innings and the month McGowan will likely miss at the start of next year and, well, he's got work to do.

We finish up the season with 3 game in Baltimore. Richmond (0-3, 5.14) goes against Chris Waters (3-4, 5.06) tomorrow. Waters had the best game of his season against us on Sept 16, a complete game shutout. But we beat a lousy pitcher tonight, maybe we can do it two days in a row. It would be nice to get Richmond a win this season.