Rogers Name Paul Beeston Team President and CEO of the Blue Jays

Here is the press release:

PAUL BEESTON APPOINTED CEO OF THE TORONTO BLUE JAYS

and

ROGERS CENTRE

TORONTO (October 27, 2009) Rogers Media today announced the appointment of Paul Beeston as President and CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club and Rogers Centre for a three year term.

"Paul Beeston was appointed interim CEO in October 2008 and we began an exhaustive search process for a permanent candidate. While we interviewed a number of highly qualified individuals for the position, Paul's unique set of qualities made him our clear first choice," said Tony Viner, President and CEO, Rogers Media. "While Paul was initially appointed on an interim basis, he approached the role with his usual high energy and conviction to set the club up for success -- something he's now committed to do for the long term."

"We are thrilled that we were able to convince Paul Beeston to take on this role," continued Tony Viner. "Paul's background with the club, his credentials in the baseball world and his enthusiasm for this sport will be incredible assets."

Paul Beeston will work with newly appointed General Manager, Alex Anthopoulos.

Me again....I guess we all figured this would be the way it would turn out. Best wishes Mr. Beeston, hope the team does great under your leadership.