World Series Game One Recap

Phillies 6 Yankees 1

That was an amazing start by Cliff Lee. Lee wasn't my favorite pitcher until tonight, just cause I thought Doc should have has the Cy Young last year. But whoever beats the Yankees becomes my favorite pitcher. Lee went 9, gave up 6 hits, no walks and struck out 10. The only run he gave up was only because of a Jimmy Rollins error. I would have pulled him after 8 since the Phillies were up by 6. and had thrown 106 pitches up to that point. Lee also made the best (or maybe the luckiest) behind the back catch I've seen all year in the 8th inning.

Rollins also made a very interesting play on a popup with a runner on first. He looked like he intended to let the ball bounce and turn the double play, but he just barely caught it. Hedeki Matsui, confused, run off first and was easily doubled off. The umpires had to talk it over but they got the call right. They say the fun of watching baseball is you'll see something you've never seen before. I don't think I've ever seen a play quite like that one.

CC Sabathia was very good when he wasn't pitching to Chase Utley. Utley hit two homers off him. Then the Yankees pen was terrible. They gave up 4 runs in 2 innings.

The best part of the game was that ARod was 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts.

The only former Jay who go into the game was Jayson Werth who went 1 for 2 and took 2 walks.

Phillies of the Day were Lee (.500 WPA) and Utley (.226). Suckage Phillie was Pedro Feliz (-.096) on an 0 for 4 night.

Yankees of the Day was Sabathia (.106). Suckage Yankees were Robinson Cano (-.154), David Robertson (.095), ARod (-.093) and Johnny Damon (-.091).

We had great fun in the thread, so we'll run one again tomorrow.