Jays Sign John McDonald for 2 Years

Words fail me, here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS SIGN JOHN MCDONALD

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have signed shortstop JOHN McDONALD to a two year contract worth 3.0 million dollars for the 2010 & 2011 seasons.

McDONALD, 35, is returning the Blue Jays for a 6th season. The Scituate, Massachusetts resident appeared in 73 games last season, making 35 starts, including 19 at shortstop, nine at third base, five at second base & two in left field. The right-handed hitter established a new career high with a .384 slugging percentage in 2009 & his .258 batting average was his best mark since 2005.

In 11 Major League seasons, McDONALD has hit .238 with 74 doubles, 13 home runs and 134 RBI, while adding a .972 fielding percentage.

Well....words fail me beyond I don't bloody believe it. 2 years. We were worried someone would snap him up after this season, cause the market for 36 year defense only shortstops looks to be so strong in 2011??