FanPost

Jays 2010 Starting SS is...

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX (on his twitter) the new short stop is Alex Gonzalez.  I'll assume it's the Alex Gonzalez that played with Boston at the end of '09 not the mid 90's hearthrob starting SS for the Jays :).

I'm not sure I understand this, they sign Johnny Mac who's an all glove no bat SS then sign another slick fielding no hitting SS to start?  AGon has a bit more pop but isn't much of a hitter...wonder how much the deal is for...

Added to this I guess that an MLB ready young SS (a la Brandon Wood or Jed Lowrie) isn't going to be mandatory for the Jays in a Roy Halladay trade and they may focus on a younger higher upside SS in a deal and allow him to develop in the minors for a year.