Jays Claim Jarrett Hoffpauir

Here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS CLAIM HOFFPAUIR FROM CARDINALS

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have claimed 2B JARRETT HOFFPAUIR (hoff-power) on waivers from the St. Louis Cardinals. To make room on the 40-man roster, LHP BILL MURPHY has been designated for assignment.

HOFFPAUIR, 26, split the 2009 season between St. Louis and Memphis of the Pacific Coast League. In eight games with the Cardinals, the 5-9, 190 lb. infielder hit .250 (3-12) with two doubles and two RBI. The Natchez, Mississippi native was the Cardinals 6th round selection in 2004 First Year Player Draft. In 108 games with Memphis last season he batted .291 with 22 doubles, 14 home runs and drove in 53 runs.

Tom again, not a big deal move, just one of the many minor moves that happen in the off season. Jarrett has had a some good seasons in the minors and would give us some depth in the infield.