SB Nation's Manager of the Year

Each year the baseball bloggers at SB Nation vote on our own version of the BBWAA awards. Each baseball blog gets two votes on each of the Manager of the Year, Rookie of the Year, CY Young and MVP. We only vote for the award in our league.

So the American League vote is here:

Rk Manager Team 1st 2nd 3rd Pts
1 Mike Scioscia Los Angeles Angels 9 8 3 72
2 Ron Gardenhire Minnesota Twins 9 5 1 61
3 Don Wakamatsu Seattle Mariners 6 3 8 47
4 Joe Girardi New York Yankees 2 4 2 24
5 Ron Washington Texas Rangers 1 4 4 21
6 Terry Francona Boston Red Sox 1 1 3 11
7 Jim Leyland Detroit Tigers - 2 4 10
8 Joe Maddon Tampa Bay Rays - 1 1 4
9 Ozzie Guillen Chicago White Sox - - 1 1
10 Trey Hillman Kansas City Royals - - 1 1

Amazingly, I think I voted for the top three in the order they finished in. I am saying 'I think' because it was a little while ago that I voted, we did the voting at the end of the season, before the playoffs started and I didn't keep a copy of my votes. I voted for Scioscia for the job he did holding the Angels together after the death of Nick Adenhard, which I'm sure wasn't easy. Gardenhire I picked second because of the come from behind win of the AL Central title. Not that it is a tough division to win. And Wakamatsu I picked third for winning 85 games with a roster that consisted of Ichro and 2 dozen guys I'd never heard of before. I can't understand voting for Girardi, when your team spends that much money on players, you are supposed to win. Surprisingly enough, Cito didn't get any votes.

In case you are interested, the SB Nation NL Manager of the Year vote is here:

Rk Manager Team 1st 2nd 3rd Pts
1 Jim Tracy Colorado Rockies 24 1 2 125
2 Tony LaRussa St. Louis Cardinals 3 7 10 46
3 Fredi Gonzalez Florida Marlins 2 6 5 33
4 Joe Torre Los Angeles Dodgers - 9 2 29
5 Charlie Manuel Philadelphia Phillies - 3 5 14
6 Bruce Bochy San Francisco Giants 1 1 1 9
7 Bobby Cox Atlanta Braves - 1 4 7
8 Bud Black San Diego Padres - 1 1 4
9 John Russell Pittsburgh Pirates - 1 - 3