Marcus Thames?

Jon Morosi from foxsports.comsays that the Jays (and Indians) are looking at Marcus Thames. I don't know, I guess he's better than Joey Gathright but is this someone we really want? This is the winning line:

Both teams need right-handed power and have yet to establish clear everyday left fielders for 2010.

Don't we have a few guys for left and would like someone to play RF? Thames also has played first so could platoon with Overbay if Lyle isn't traded and if we didn't have Randy Ruiz and Brian Dopirak to do that.

I'd hope there will be a better name among the guys none tendered tomorrow.