Jays Sign John Buck

Don't the Jays know it is Sunday? After a couple of months of not doing anything, they choose the day of rest (and NFL Football) to start signing guys. Anyway, Jason Stark (any relation to Tony?) on ESPN.com, says that the Jays have signed former Royals catcher John Buck to a one year $2 million deal. I thought the MLB passed a rule that all free agent catchers get 2 year deals. Nice signing, but I'm sure the Jays will keep looking at improving at catcher. Click on his name to see his stats, he's not Johnny Bench, but he's not bad. He will be 29 next year. We've added two Bucks to the this week.