Happy Birthday Shawn Marcum

Shaun Marcum (how many different ways of spelling of Shawn are there in the MLB?) turns 28 today. Shawn has been a favorite of mine, I always liked those guys that give up less than a hit an inning. Between 2007 and 2998 he won 21 while losing 13 games in 50 starts. He's not going to complete games for you but he did average 7 innings a start in 2008. A 2.46 to 1 strikeout to walk rate isn't bad either. But then that was all before the Tommy John surgery. Hopefully he will be his old self this coming season, but you never know how guys are going to come off surgery.

Have a great day Shawn. We are hoping the best for you this year.