Roy Halladay Trade: Part Three

Thank goodness I was out tonight or I'd have been refreshing browsers all night long. Anyway, at the moment it looks like the Jay are going to get Kyle Drabek, Michael Taylor and Travis D'Arnaud for Doc and $6,000,000. I am not sure how they came to the $6 million figure but I'm fine with that.

Kyle Drabek: played A and AA last year. He had a 3.19 ERA between the two. Gave up 141 hits in 158 innings, 50 walks and 150 strikeouts. Have to like a guy that has a 3 to 1 K to walk rate at 21 years old. Baseball America lists him as the Phillies number 2 prospect, behind Dominic Brown. He is supposed to have a great curveball. He can throw hard too, up to about 97. He is who the Jays wanted at the trade deadline and who the Phillies wouldn't give up.

Michael Taylor: played in AA and AAA last year. Hit .320/.395/.549, 20 homers, 21 steals. Played RF and LF. Will be 24 next year and I'd want him to make the majors. Baseball America has him as the Phillies number 3 prospect and their best power hitting prospect. Tall at 6'6" and big 250 lb, right handed bat. Would fit in really well with the Jays.

Travis D'Arnaud: 20 year old catcher. Played A ball last year, hitting .255/.319/.419 with 13 homers. First round pick in 2007. Baseball America has him at number 4 on the Phillies prospect list. Thought to be a very good defensive catcher and looks like his offense isn't too bad. 13 homers for a 20 year old is pretty good. At least a year and a half away from the bigs.

If we get these 3, the Phillies number 2,3 and 4 prospects I'd be thrilled and I'd nominate Alex Anthopoulos GM of the year, even if the year hasn't started yet. It would be pretty amazing to get 3 prospects like this without having any leverage at all.

Morning UPDATE: Looks like Doc has agreed to a 3 year, $60 million contract extension, with 2 vesting options. So it could end up being a 5 year deal around $100 million. Pretty good money for throwing a rock. Other than that it looks like the deal stands as above. Phillies will get Aumont, Tyson Gillies and Juan Ramirez from the Mariners, but then who cares what the Phillies get.

If it goes as it stands now it's a really good job by Alex Anthopoulos. Without a lot of teams seriously bidding, he seems to have gotten more than you could really expect for a player entering the last year of his contract.