Adam Lind Wins Edgar Martinez Award

Just for a momentary break from the all Roy Halladay all the time station, we will mention that Adam Lind has won the Edgar Martinez award as top DH. Congratulations Adam. Here is the press release.

Today MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL announced that ADAM LIND captured his first Edgar Martinez Outstanding Designated Hitter Award, named in 2004 in honour of the former Seattle Mariners designated hitter and 2010 Hall of Fame candidate.

LIND, 26, appeared in 95 games as a designated hitter in 2009, batting .299 with 21 home runs and 74 runs batted in. The Muncie, Indiana native posted a .539 slugging percentage and a .362 on-base percentage in addition to collecting 200 total bases, 60 runs scored and 26 doubles as a DH. Overall, the left-handed hitter appeared in 151 total games this season, batting .305 with 35 homers and setting club highs with 114 RBI and 46 doubles. His 81 extra-base hits were second best in the A.L., while his 114 total RBI placed third and his 35 homers, his 46 doubles and his 330 total bases all ranked fifth.