Jays Sign Two More

The Jays announced a pair of signings this morning, one we knew about, John Buck and one we didn't, pitcher Lance Broadway. The press release is after the Jump

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have signed C JOHN BUCK to a one year contract worth 2.0 million dollars for the 2010 season and have signed RHP LANCE BROADWAY to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.

BUCK, 29, posted a .247 average with eight home runs and 36 RBI in 59 games with the Kansas City Royals. The Kemmerer, Wyoming native has spent his entire six-year career in Kansas City, posting a .235 average with 70 home runs and 259 RBI. The 6'3" 220 lb. right-handed hitting catcher recorded a career high 18 home runs in 2007.

BROADWAY, 26, spent the 2009 season between the Chicago White Sox and New York Mets organization. In 19 minor league games (17 starts) between Charlotte (AAA) and Buffalo (AAA), the Dallas, Texas native posted a record of 5-9 with a 6.17 ERA. In 16 major league appearances, last season, between the Chicago White Sox and New York Mets, owned a record of 0-1 with a 5.87 ERA.

Me back: Broadway was a first round draft pick in 2005. Guys like that are worth taking a flier on. He hasn't done much yet in the majors, he's not shown a lot of control yet but maybe the Jays pitching coaches can help him along.