FanPost

Getting a little excited...

In the last 2 weeks the Jays have gone from a team with little to look forward to in the future with a weak farm system and too much competition in the division to truely compete with the team they had; to a team with what looks like an extremely bright future.  THANK YOU AA!  In two bold trades you have given me and hopefully other Toronto baseball fans something to really look forward to.

Looking ahead, as soon as late 2010 the Jays could have a young controlable starting rotation of Brandon Morrow, Kyle Drabek, Shaun Marcum, Ricky Romero and Brett Cecil which is truely a rotation that as it gains more experience could dominate for years to come.  Added to that a middle of the order featuring Aaron Hill, Adam Lind, Travis Snider and Brett Wallace and potentially a re-energized Vernon Wells.  Down on the farm there is the catcher of the future in either JP Arencibia or Travis D'Arnaud as well.  The bullpen is already solid as is, however the possibility of a healthy Dustin McGowan bringing in those nasty side-burns from the bullpen as the future closer (might be a way to protect his arm/shoulder from future damage) will be intimidating for opposing batters!

Understandably there is the possibility of some of these players flaming out or injury taking them down but on paper this group of core players is as special as this team has ever had.  There are still needs to fill long-term at leadoff hitter, SS and RF (potentially 3B too) but this what could be the beginning of something really special in Toronto and I just hope that Toronto baseball fans aren't too short-sighted to see it.

Go Jays!