FanPost

Yankees getting stronger?

3 team trade is about to go down (pending physicals):

Yankees get Curtis Granderson, the D'Backs get Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy, and the Tigers get Max Scherzer, Daniel Schlereth, Austin Jackson, and Phil Coke.

Great move for the Yankees and the Tigers IMHO but not too sure what Arizona was thinking...Scherzer is as good as Jackson now and has more upside.  Schlereth has as much upside as Ian Kennedy one could argue.  Maybe they just wanted to shake things up?

Jackson was one guy AA experessed interest in from the Bronx Bombers, the Yankees now have a well above average CF and didn't have to give up Hughes, Joba or Montero to get him...could there still be a Doc deal in there without Jackson?