Important Spring Training Dates

Spring Training is getting nearer and nearer. I'm back in Canada now, spending some time with family until Monday, which is when I hop on a flight to Dunedin and begin covering the Jays during Spring Training, and then the rest of the year. With that in mind, here are some important dates coming up:

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Cito Gaston meets with reporters: Thursday
Pitchers and catchers report: Friday
First workout: Feb. 14
First full-squad workout: Feb. 18
First exhibition game: Feb. 25 vs. New York Yankees at Dunedin
Last exhibition game: April 4 vs. Florida Marlins at Jupiter
Opening Day: April 6 vs. Detroit Tigers at Toronto

Right now, I would like to point out that starting March 4th, and ending March 18th, I will be on vacation with little to no internet access. I'll try my hardest to get on and post updates, but it could be very tough. From the 4th-11th I will be in Tampa for lots and lots of meetings with various people, and then the newspaper is giving me yet another vacation (not that I'm complaining) before the long grind of the regular season.