FanPost

Opinion/Predictions for 2009

Update from Tom: I am reposting this and putting it on the front page. Since the season starts on the weekend we should be ready to give our predictions now.....

As Rince stated in his post today:

"So let's all share opinions, and see if we do better than the experts."

This got me to thinking about doing a community prediction on the standings and major award winners in MLB for 2009.  I’ll give you mine, feel free to add yours at the end I (or someone else) can compile them and give the community’s prediction or we can hold onto them for bragging rights at the end of the season.

Bunner’s Predictions:

AL East Champ: New York Yankees

AL Central Champ: Minnesota Twins

AL West Champ: Oakland As

AL Wildcard: Tampa Bay Rays

ALDS: Yanks over Twins

ALDS: As over Rays

ALCS: Yanks over As

NL East Champ: New York Mets

NL Central Champ: Chicago Cubs

NL West Champ: Arizona Diamondbacks

NL Wildcard: LA Dodgers

NLDS: Mets over Diamondbacks

NLDS: Cubs over Dodgers

NLCS: Cubs over Mets

World Series: Cubs over Yankees in 6 AND THE CURSE IS GONE!!!

AL MVP: Mark Teixeira

NL MVP: David Wright

AL Cy Young: Roy Halladay
NL Cy Young: Johan Santana