Game Recap Red Sox and Jays

Red Sox 6 Jays 4

Doc didn't look good, Jerry and Alan on MLB Gameday audio said he was working on an off-speed pitch and spring is the time to do that. He gave up 8 hits, 3 homers, a walk and struck out 5 in 5 innings. Don't let it worry you. BJ Ryan pitched a quick inning, perfect with a strikeout, that is reassuring. I guess he's fixed his 'mechanical problems'. Brian Burres, Matt Bush and Luis Perez each pitched an inning, it was our first 'look' (listen?) at Matt Bush. He looked good, other than a leadoff double that scored, he got 3 quick outs after that with a strikeout.

Offense? Travis Snider hit a two run homer. Jason Lane went 2 for 3, both doubles. He continues to impress. Well impress me at least.  Someone named Aaron Mathews was 2 for 2. Inglett and Hill each had a double. Brad Emaus, Jose Bautista, Lyle Overbay, Ryan Patterson and Raul Chavez all had a single. The only bit 0 fer was Johnny Mac, 0 for 4 with a strikeout and 3 pop ups. He is hitting a big .111 at the moment. Russ Adams was also 0 for 2 with 2 strikeouts, but he's still hitting .333 this spring.

Tomorrow Whoops, tomorrow is an off day, Wednesday  the Jays play the Phillies, Jesse Litsch is to start and go 4 innings and Scott Richmond is also to pitch.

We had a good time in the thread today, so if you aren't doing anything else tomorrow Wednesday at 1:00 Eastern, join us.

Added: Jordan Bastian said that Vernon Wells DHed in a minor league game today and says he is fine to play now. And that Matt Clements pitched in an intrasquad minor league game today.

Brian Jeroloman and JP Arencibia were sent to minor league camp today. Bill Murphy, Davis Romero and Robert Ray have been optioned to Triple A.