FanPost

Shawn Hill - you would have been loved...

According to the Washington Post Shawn Hill signed with the Padres today and not the Jays as Richard Griffin among others were speculating.

I thought Hill would have been a great fit for the Jays.  If healthy he could have slotted in as the #4 starter this year and he'd be pitching close to his hometown of Mississauga, Ontario.

For Hill I think going to SD is a good career move, he won't have the pressure of trying to recover from and avoid more injuries in his hometown (which can be daunting), he's not going to have to pitch against the AL East (unless in Inter-League), he's going to a great climate in SD and the best pitchers park in the league.  Not to mention a team with no expectations and plenty of room for him in the rotation.  All of those factors could really boost his career if he manages to stay healthy.

I wish Shawn the best of luck and think for himself he made a great career move, athough as a selfish Jays fan I'd have like to have seen him pitch here.