Game Recap, Jays Beat Team USA

Jays win 6-5 over Team USA this after, we scored 3 runs off closer JJ Putz to win it. Brad Mills started and pitched 3 innings giving up just 1 run off 1 hit and 1 walk. Matt Clement threw 3 perfect innings and Casey Janssen had 1 perfect inning. Dirk Hayhurst pitched the 9th and gave up just 1 hit and struckout 1. I think that is 4 scoreless innings for Dirk this spring win at least 1 strikeout in each. The only pitcher that didn't show well was Reid Santos who gave up 4 runs, 2 earned in his inning of work. He allowed 4 hits and was hurt by a Kevin Millar error at first base. Great showing by the pitchers against an all-star type team.

Batting? Travis Snyder was terrific going 3 for 3, I think it is safe to say he's made the team. Brian Dopirak was 2 for 2 and drove in 2. Catcher Kyle Phillips went 2 for 2. And Scott Campbell continued his great spring going 1 for 1 with a run and a RBI.

Guys that didn't do so well, Inglett was 0 for 3. Aaron Hill was 0 for 3.Jason Lane, I'm sad to say, was 0 for 3 with 2 strikeouts. And Johnny Mac was 0 for 2 with a sac bunt. Considering the pitching we were facing the team did pretty well.

The Jays have no spring game tomorrow, but Friday evening they play they play the Phillies, Doc is to start and Brandon League, Brian Tallet, Jason Frasor, Jesse Carlson and Shawn Camp are to pitch, so we'll get a first look at a few important bullpen pieces.

In other news Team Canada lost to the Phillies 9-2. And apparently Manny Ramirez has signed with the Dodgers for 2 years. And Jeff Blair figures Johnny Mac is 'on the bubble' with Bautista and Inglett getting some work at short.