Doc Halladay and Jays Beat Phillies

Jays win 4 to 3 and so as not to bury the lead: Jason Lane hit his third home run of the spring. Last spring no Jay had 3 home runs the entire spring. The guy is batting .412 this spring. At some point we are going to have to move him from irrational favorite to guy with a good shot to make the team. Other than that Travis Snider went 1 for 3 and is hitting .400 this spring. Aaron Hill had a double and is at .333. Brad Emaus also went 1 for 3 and is hitting .300, he's impressed me this spring. In a couple of seasons we might have a player there.

Doc pitched terrific again going 3 innings, with just 1 hit, 1 walk and 4 strikeouts. Frasor, Carlson, Camp and Accardo each pitched a scoreless inning. Two pitchers that didn't do as well were Brian Tallet who gave up 2 hits, a walk and 2 runs in his inning of work and Brandon League gave up a run on 2 hits in his inning but he also struck out 2.

On the bad side offensively, Michael Barrett still doesn't have a hit this spring, 0 for 2 today, though he did walk. Barrett is not the best glove of the guys in that battle for the backup catcher, if he is going to win the job he has to hit. Lyle Overbay went 0 for 3 with 2 strikeouts in his first game action of the spring.

Tomorrow the Jays play the Reds. Jesse Litsch and Ricky Romero are each to pitch 3 innings tomorrow. Romero hasn't looked good in his two appearances this so far this spring. It would be nice to see him have a good day.

We will have a GameThread up for the Team Canada-Team USA WBC game starting at 2:00 Eastern tomorrow. IF you are watching the game, stop in and join us.