FanPost

Halladay = "Boatload"

I think our beloved JP has changed his stance on this topic a few times.  When asked a few months ago about trading Halladay he said absolutely no way, no how would he be dealt.  Then during spring training he said he didn't want to but if he was forced to he would listen.  Now he's saying he'd want a "boatload" in return.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/05/02/jays.halladay/

"If we ever did get to that point,'' the GM added, "we'd want a boatload. And I don't know whether anyone would offer a boatload. But obviously, we're not at that point.''

Now, I highly doubt (even if they fall out of the race in the AL East or Wild Card) that Doc will be traded this year.  Now, in some alternate universe if he were to be traded whom do you think he'd be traded to and what would the Jays get in return for him?

My feelings would be that he cannot be dealt within the AL East, and possibly not even to another AL team.  Which takes out the Yankees and Red Sox though they have a ton of players that could interest/help the Jays.  The Dodgers are another obvious fit because of their top quality young players (Kemp/Kershaw) and prospect depth.

A darkhorse candidate:  The Atlanta Braves (Yunel Escobar, Tommy Hanson, Jason Heyward and a 1B prospect like Freddie Freeman).  Braves have been lacking an Ace since Maddux/Glavine days...adding Doc instantly makes them a favourite in the NL East once again.