Marlins 6, Jays 5

Well, this game hurt.

Casey Janssen gave up 2-run home runs in two successive innings and that put the Jays in a big hole.  Janssen wasn't sharp, he was throwing strikes but had trouble putting away hitters, didn't have command of his breaking pitches, and his location was off.

The Jays fought back pretty well, with home runs by Alex Rios and Lyle Overbay, but fell just short.  Vernon Wells had another bad day, including ending the game with a swinging strikeout with the tying run on second base.  Adam Lind has also not taken well to the cleanup spot yet, and Kevin Millar is a poor choice for number 5 hitter the way he's currently hitting.  On the plus side, Rios was 4-4, so that was great to see.  Shawn Camp was good in relief and B.J. Ryan threw another scoreless inning, which could be huge if he is rounding into form.

In some good news, it doesn't sound like Roy Halladay's injury is too serious.  The Jays aren't sure whether he'll be able to make his start on Saturday, but it looks like he'll avoid the disabled list.

Better luck tomorrow, I guess, but the Jays will have to beat a very good starter in Josh Johnson to avoid the sweep.  Have I mentioned that I hate interleague play?