FanShot

Elias Sports Bureau Rankings

+

At the end of each season the Elias Sports Bureau ranks players on a bunch of statistics giving them an overall ranking which helps determine class of free agent (I.E A or B which decides on the draft picks teams recieve in return). These rankings take into account 2008 up until July 11th 2009, so they will change some, but there are some interesting points made. Like how Wells is rated 11th overall between 1B OF and DH's in the AL. And would still be considered a type A free agent. Other Highlights (And yes I know a lot of these players are not up for Free Agency, I am just listing them) Scutaro - A Rolen - A Rios - B Lind - B Barajas - B Overbay - None Hill - B (But I would have to think that is mostly a product of missing a good chunk of 2008) Halladay - Top rated SP in the AL, In your face CC! Scott Downs - A Hat Tip to the Awesome Blog MLBTradeRumors, which if you aren't already following. You should be.