Doc on Doc

Jordan Bastian reported that Roy Halladay talked to a 'large pack of media' and answered some questions after tonight's game. To see all the answers go here but I am going to quote a couple of them.

On if he believes he'll be a Blue Jay come August:

Right now, yeah, I think I will be here. It's obviously a complicated situation and I think for that reason I've never felt like there's been a big press on being moved or wanting to be moved. ... If there was an urgency to be somewhere else, and an urgency for the team to have me somewhere else, I think it'd be different. I just don't get that feeling. For that reason, I think that at this point I feel like I'm going to be here."

An interesting answer because today was the first time I thought 'yeah it is likely to happen' and yet he still doesn't think it is going to happen.

On talking to interim president and CEO Paul Beeston:

"I definitely feel like there's a plan in place. I feel like it's an organization that's trying to move forward. That it's trying to get better. From that aspect of it, I think there's a lot to look forward to here. I think for me, it's more of a wait-and-see. I know Paul's done a great job and I have a lot of confidence in J.P. The time that I've been here, he's done the best he can to put the best team out there. ... There's a lot to look forward to here. I just think I owe it to myself at this point to kind of wait and see and assess the situation when I have to. I do feel like there's a lot of positives here."

Another interesting answer, he thinks there is a plan in place. Which is good. Setting aside the emotion of today's loss, there are a lot of things to like about the team.

Asked if he thinks the Jays need "major changes" to contend:

"Major changes? No. I think the hardest part is obviously the division we're in. The two, three, four teams that you're up against -- two of them being able to go out and get guys when they need them -- I think that's the hardest part. I don't think that there's major changes. I think at some point you have to catch lightning in a bottle and a lot of things have to go right -- kind of like what happened for Tampa last year. I think a lot of those pieces are in place. A lot of the future is there. It's just a matter of, when will that happen and when will it all come together? I personally don't believe that there's major changes. I think things are headed in the right direction."

I'll admit I think the same, major changes don't need to happen. We need a healthy pitching staff. We need a LF/DH, one or the other, I think going forward Travis Snider is that guy. And, course, we can't have several guys having off years. Right now, CF, RF, LF, 1B and Catcher aren't really doing the job. Now we can survive a couple of those spots not playing great but not 5 spots. Anyway I thought his answers were interesting.