FanPost

Talk about Doc

I just read that the Jays and Phillies are at an impasse over the prospects involved in a potential Halladay deal.  And that the dialog between the teams has become 'angry' (this thanks to mlbtraderumors.com).

From a Jays perspective: I'm happy that JP isn't backing down in his demands.  IF he is going to trade his franchise player then he has to get what he wants not what some rival GM is 'willing' to part with.  If JP does back down and accept the lower offer from the Phillies (not including Drabek and Brown) then he'll look awful and might as well jump on the same flight out of TO that Roy will be on.

From a Phillies perspective: Are they serious?  They won't trade 3 minor leaguers for one of if not the best pitcher in all of baseball?  I don't care how much potential they have it's prospects they are giving up for a world series run - they are absolutely crazy to not just give the Jays whatever minor leaguers they want.  Any rumours about other teams have them giving up at least 1 major leaguer in a deal for Halladay, the Phillies are giving up some double A/single A players for a true staff ace...they are NUTS

What else is out there?  Boston could still put something together, suggestions were Clay Buchholz, Daniel Bard and some other prospects from Boston.  If Lars Anderson was included in the group plus another young hitter the Jays should jump at it regardless of Boston being a division rival.  Buchholz has the potential to be an ace like Doc (more so then Drabek in Philly) in a few years and Bard has "dominant closer" written all over him.  The Rangers could find some $ at the last minute and make a big bid and don't count out the Dodgers.

What I really want to know is what have you heard about potential offers and what should the Jays accept?